From 2018-2019 on, researchers associated to the platform SIMM are proposed to attend seminars which will be organised twice a year, during which:
- internationally renowned experts (mainly researchers, but also representatives of specific practices) of socio-artistic work will teach and present case studies; these experts remain for several days.
- most important: much time is reserved to allow the researchers to present their research to each other and discuss it amongst each other.
- public presentations and lectures are organized to which also people from the field of socio-artistic music projects will be invited.
- and private meetings are organized between the invited experts and researchers associated to SIMM.
- each seminar will focus on particular questions or topics in this field of research, such as for example: setting up comparative research, the organisation of long-term research projects, research on relation between the need for musical, social as well as cultural expertise in developing socio-artistic programmes, research on music projects in prisons…
5-9 November 2018: 1st SIMM-seminar in Helsinki (Kallio-Kuninkala)
The first such research seminars will be organised by SIMM in a close collaboration with the research centre Uniarts (Sibelius Academy / University of the Arts Helsinki) from 5 to 9 November 2018. If you are interested to be informed about the program, please contact Lukas Pairon (email@example.com). The program of our first ever SIMM-seminar for researchers working in this field is now being developed.