The SIMM-platform, the Universitaria Juan N. Corpas, the Universidad Distrital Francisco José de Caldas and Psicmuse Asociación Colombiana de Psicología de la Música have the pleasure to call for participants for the 4th SIMM-posiumthat will take place on 26 and 27 July 2019 in Bogota, Colombia.
This SIMM-posium intends to focus on reflexive practice joining musical practices and research in a dialogue of knowledge (dialogo de saberes) in which musicians, practitioners, educators and researchers will share and exchange their knowledge.
Presentations on any aspect of making music’s social impact will be welcome, including the following topics:
- Peace building and post-conflict
- Coexistence and citizenship
- Large ensembles (orchestras / bands).
- Music education: Intercultural perspectives on urban and rural contexts.
- Perspectives from the Global South
- Music, the arts and cultural practices
Expressions of interest are expected by 1 March 2019 at the latest and are to be sent by email to email@example.com. Successful applicants will be notified no later than 25 March 2019.